Friday, March 14, 2014

Social Media

Social Media It is everywhere you go. I go into a store and they say "Follow Us! Great deals and exclusive sales for our FaceBook followers" What about us?! The very handful that is not active on FaceBook. I do have an account, only because I love the social ride share program LYFT. I use them frequently in California.
But do I care for FaceBook? Not much. I once did. It was a place where I can catch up with old friends or see pictures of their expanding family! It was great. Until the drama started to unfold. I see bitter break ups, divorce or just plain old catty fights.
I also used FaceBook as an extension to view topics placed by my union. Yes, I am part of an union. I get a lot of useful information there until, the merger of two companies. Tearing the work groups apart. It became nasty. Yes on a page meant for friendly conversation and news. I keep my account "live" but rarely participate.
However, I am an addict on Instagram. I frequently post pics. I actually have THREE accounts. One personal. Second is my "promotional" account. Last is for my kitty. Yep, an addict. I seem to have found less drama there. I guess you are pretty limited to airing out dirty laundry, since you have to post pics.
erisa415 - personal
manikgrl - shop
kissamiumiueasterbunny - my kitty
Twitter was, my OF (original favorite). Tweeting nonsense was a novel idea to me. Then I read back my tweets and think to myself..."what the???"
manikgrl tweets
Last and final...my FaceBook "fan" page...only because I seem to be active on that site more than my regular account...
manikgrl facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment